Blog by – Vaishali Khanna – BFY Faculty
- 1/2 cup Rawa
- 3 cups soaked and cooked rice
- 1 cup soaked urad dal
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 mashed boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed vegetables
- chopped onion 1
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Chilli powderSalt to taste 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp Oil
- Oil for greasing
Method For the Idli Batter
- Blend the urad dal in a mixer and add water little by little to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Then blend the rice and rawa to smooth paste and add it to the urad dal and mix well.
- add salt ,mix well and keep aside to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in pan and add the onions and saute well.
- Add salt and chilli powder, mixed boiled veggies and potato and mix well.And add garam masala, mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the coriander and remove from the flame.
How to proceed
- In a cooker add water and let it boil.
- Grease the idli moulds and keep aside.
- Pour 1/2 ladle of batter.
- Keep the stuffing inside and pour another 1/2 ladle full of batter.
- Close the steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes or till cooked.
- Pack warm.
Serve hot idli with coconut Chutney and Sambhar.
Keep Visiting : BFY Blogs