Blog By – Vaishali Khanna – BFY Faculty
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 40g Italian Oats
- 200g Spinach,finely chopped
- 100g grated paneer
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4
- To begin making the cheela,in a mixing bowl combine the flour and oats,add a little water at a time to make a semi thick batter.The batter should be the consistency of the dosa batter so you can spread it easily on the pan.Keep this aside.
- The next step is to prepare the filling.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.Add the chopped spinach,sprinkle some salt and saute until the spinach wilts down and all the moisture is evaporated.
- Once the moisture is evaporated,add the crumbled paneer,cumin powder and chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes and turn off the heat.Keep this aside.
- Preheat a skillet/dosatawa over medium heat.
- Pour a ladleful of the cheela batter over the tawa and spread in a circular motion to make Drizzle ¼ tsp of oil around the cheela and cook it on both sides by flipping over,until it turns lightly golden and crisp.
- Once done,remove from the skillet and place it on a platter.Place the filling in the centre of the cheela and fold it in half and serve.
- Proceed the same way with the remaining cheela batter.
- Serve the cheela along with tomato basil sauce for dinner or a tea time snack.