Blog by : Anushka Jain
BFY sports & fitness is a health and fitness training, consultancy, education, placement organisation founded with the aim to develop and promote the fitness & health industry of India. Since it was founded in 2000, it has conducted various leading international courses and workshops by experts. They offer world-class educational services, training their students to be the best at what they do. They also offer placement services to the industry and the clients looking for certified fitness professionals. They are very successful in what they do, being able to spread their students across 116 cities across India in 273 gyms.
- Setting international standards in India
- Following world-class practices
- Providing effective training
- Create the best fitness professionals
- Promote active & healthy lifestyle
- Reaching out to all the people of India
- Having a global presence
SYLLABUS FOR SPORTS NUTRITION
- BASIC NUTRITION: (a) Role and importance of nutrition (b) basic food groups, their use and importance (c) food pyramid (d) Energy: energy balance. Basal metabolism, factors affecting BMR, methods of determining factors affecting respiratory quotient, factors affecting RQ (e) Macronutrients in detail (f) Micronutrients in detail (g) Interrelation between nutrients
- SPORTS SCIENCE, EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY: (a) History of sports and games, types of description (b) Human anatomy: Muscular Skeletal system, types of contraction, body temperature and control, its effects on sports performance (c) Aerobic capacity, RQ, anaerobic threshold using various non-sports activity using various methods (d) Effect of training of heart & lung performance, importance of heart rate monitoring, index of training, over training, & detraining, basis of fatigue & recovery (e) Tests for monitoring of sports training, endurance, strength, flexibility & reaction time (f) Importance of diff ex, advantages and disadvantages of types of ex., physiological basis of selection for specific sports (f) Effect of exercise on various body systems, excretory system, endocrine system.
- PSYCHOLOGY THEORIES AND PRINCIPLES: (a) theories applied to performance / participation in sports / exercise.
- SPORTS NUTRITION: (a) Carbohydrates in sports nutrition (b) Protein in sports nutrition (c) Lipids in sports nutrition (d) Micro nutrients in sports nutrition (e) Energy requirements (f) Water and electrolytes balance (g) Ergogenic aids and doping, injury supplementation (h) Training nutrition, pre-competition nutrition, completing nutrition and recovery nutrition
- ATHLETES AND EATING DISORDERS
- DIET PLANNING, ENDURANCE SPORTS: LIKE MARATHON RUNS, CRICKET ETC: (a) Strength sports like boxing, weight lifting etc.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- Providing optimum knowledge to the students of sports nutrition and related fields.
- Broadly make them understand sports nutrition with respect to sports science and exercise physiology.
- Make them familiar with the nutritional requirements of athletes.
- Providing them with an understanding of the psychological theories and principles and how they affect athlete’s participation and performance in sports and exercise.
- Make them familiar with planning diet plans for various sports activities.
THE COURSE IS USEFUL FOR:
- Fitness Trainers
- Health Professionals
The course material will be provided as soon as the student registers and pays the fees.