The current market status of Indian market is in favor of the companies producing healthy diet options in the market. According to IKON’s report, the Indian savoury market will definitely hit the Rs. 1,000 billion mark by the end of the current decade, which is a good CAGR. Simultaneously, we see that the companies in India providing snacks are shifting to much healthier options; this itself proves what is the demand and growth of healthy snacks in the Indian market.
According to another report, the Indian snack market is expected to reach 185 million USD by 2023, which is again a double digit CAGR. Another significant snack that is in demand in the Indian market is snack bar. The snack bar market is recorded a CAGR of 20.1% during the last five years.
The snack bars that are in demand are cereal and granola snack bars followed by the energy bar and protein bars. These are the healthy, safe and quick options for the replacement of meals in today’s busy lifestyle. Moreover, expanding this market in the urbanized cities of India has proven to be a boon for the market; this market draws maximum of its customers from these highly developed cities of India.
Protein snacks Manufacturers in India
There are a number of Protein snacks available in India but we will cover only two which are pretty famous and demanded the most- Protein bars and Protein cookies.
Protein bars are not necessarily needed by bodybuilders or people who are regular gym goers. It can be used by anyone who is busy to have a breakfast or a meal and just needs a quick shot of good nutrients along with taste. The top manufacturers in India are-
- Labrada Cookie Roll Bar– These bars are available in a pack of 12 bars. They contain 230 calories, 6 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs, 13 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber.
- Allmax Isoflex– These are available as single units. What makes them unique is that they contain only 1 gram of sugar while all the other nutrients are more or less at par with other brands. They have high quality protein, omega3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamins and minerals.
- Pure Protein Bar– These are also available as a single unit; they contain 12 grams of protein per 40 grams, 3 grams of fat per bar, gluten and are cholesterol-free.
- MuscleBlaze Power Bar– These bars are available as individual units as well as 12 pieces per pack. This Indian brand provides 5.5grams of dietary fiber and 20.5 grams of protein per 50 gram.
- Universal Nutrition Dr. Carbrite Bar– this bar comes in a pack of 12 pieces and is sugar and gluten free.
There haven’t been much protein rich cookies or biscuits in India. Only two of the brands have stepped up in this game and hence a new brand can easily make its way through this business.
- Threptin– This is the most trusted protein cookie that is recommended to people who cannot fill their daily protein requirements. It comes at an affordable rate.
- Hershey’s– This brand has recently announced to step up in this business. Nothing is confirmed about the products but you’ll soon see the market flooded with Hershey’s protein rich cookies.
Protein snacks distributors in India
Due to increase in the gray market of India, people prefer giving a few extra bucks to authorized dealers or distributors. Some of the authorized distributors in India for above stated brands are:-
- Muscle Pro Nutrition
- HBS distributors
- Muscle Pro Nutrition
- Shri Balaji Overseas
How to Establish a Protein Snack Manufacturing Company
To establish a company, you’ll need a huge investment and a great plan. In this case, you’ll need recipes too to carry on your business. Moreover, this business won’t be successful without proper marketing and sales strategies, you need to lower you profit margin during the initial days after the launch of the product; and you’ll also have to collaborate with gyms to promote you product. Apart from these, the legal procedures required are:-
- Get your company registered or approved by the Government as Food Company.
- You need to get a FSSAI certificate.
- You need to get a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certification which ensures that the products are being constantly produced and pass the regular quality measure tests.
- ISO certification for the company and the product.
- Get TIN number.
- Get service tax number.
A Growing Brand
A brand that is growing in this current market is Ripped Up Nutrition. This brand has gained a lot of popularity in the Indian Market lately. Moreover, it has captured a huge segment of ‘Protein Snack Market’ in India due to its various products, such as- Peanut Butter, Cookies, Coffee, Oats, Protein Shakes and Almond Butter. This brand may be a tough competition to you if you’re going to step in this business.