Article by Dr. Sonica Krishan
Neem Adds To Your Beauty – Know How!
A major ingredient in most of the beauty and skincare cosmetics available commercially, extract obtained from neem has a host of effective benefits for our skin. Loaded with vitamin C and more than a hundred active compounds, neem also has some incredible anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties to offer. The very composition of Neem leaf extract helps purify the blood and allows our skin to glow and radiate from within.
Neem Adds To Your Beauty!
Neem has long been recognized by Ayurveda as one of the most effective herbs, thus justifying its presence in more than three-fourth of Ayurvedic products, both cosmetic and medicinal. Therefore, by including neem in your daily beauty and skin care regimen, you could reap a wide range of benefits in the most natural and rather cost effective manner. The results are practical, natural, and are rather revamping. And what you get is a glowing skin that is fair and flawless, all but naturally!
Health And Beauty With Neem
Neem, also known as Indian Lilac, is holder of a number of healthcare and naturally beautifying benefits. Since ages neem, has been used for a wide variety of skincare and blood purifying conditions. This is because neem not only helps in curing the disease, but also offers the forte of enhancing our natural immunity.
- Neem prevents the occurrence as well as growth of acne and blackheads.
- It delays the obvious signs of aging of the skin, thanks to the regenerative properties of Neem.
- Neem also reduces skin pigmentation, thus assisting in getting rid of dark circles.
- Neem works as an effective moisturizer and softens the skin.
Neem Application Adds Natural Glow
For soft, glowing and supple skin, you can boil some twenty leaves of Neem in about half litre of water, and allow it to cool. This water, after straining, can be used as an effective toner. It can be applied directly onto the skin using cotton balls or you could use it as a face spray that is as refreshing as anything.
- By grinding few neem leaves and making a fine paste, you can mix it with turmeric and use it as a face pack, about two times in a week.
- In order to get rid of pimples and acne on the face, you can also mix and grind the neem leaves together with some tulsi (basil) leaves, and add some rose water to it. This paste can be applied directly onto the skin, regularly for a few weeks, and a clean and clearer skin would soon start to show.
- For a skin that glows naturally, you can make a smooth paste at home using dried neem leaves powder, rose petal powder, some yogurt or raw milk along with some honey. Let the pack stay on the skin for about fifteen to twenty minutes, and wash it off with water that has some rose water added to it.
- Application of oil obtained from neem leaves helps in getting rid of blackheads and also works as an effective anti-aging cosmetic.
- You can also chew on some fresh and washed juvenile neem leaves. Since the taste is bitter, honey can also be used along with. Wash these down with a nice warm glass of water. Neem purifies our blood, thus ensuring enough oxygen in the body, which resultantly shows on the skin and makes it glow. Neem actually cleanses your skin and allows it to breathe.
How To Use Neem?
Since the neem leaves are available all through the year, they are very easy to source in fresh form. Consequently, the neem leaf extract can be used topically, and can also be consumed, although these leaves taste extremely bitter at first and might need some ‘getting used to’. The benefits offered by neem leaves are available to people with any type of skin. It also does not lead to any serious reactions with our skin.