Article by Dr. Sonica Krishan
Lifestyle Management With Ayurveda Wellness Tips
Nowadays, owing to the number of lifestyle related diseases that we seem to be facing, it is worthwhile to know and understand what ancient Ayurveda therapy has to offer.
Why You Need Healthy Lifestyle Change?
There are a number of lifestyle related diseases like obesity, hypertension, anxiety, diabetes, indigestion, allergies et al and there are many more cropping up. Now, the problem with these lifestyle ailments is this –
- These lifestyle diseases are actually depriving and deluding.
- Also, you must understand that these are also somehow prying with our natural comfort of well-being.
Ayurveda Lifestyle Support For Natural Well-being
- The everyday lifestyle citation has been laid down since ancient times by the sages of Ayurveda therapy.
- And this reference guide comes true even today as wisdom excerpt to modern lifestyle.
- I would highly recommend you to acknowledge ancient Ayurveda lifestyle and follow it per se.
- And this would be big support to bring in natural well-being and longevity into your life.
- Also, this would help keep the lifestyle diseases at bay.
Everyday Diet And Lifestyle
- Diet and lifestyle are the two indispensable components of our everyday life.
- Ayurveda allocates the sheer responsibility of your well-being as well as the lack of it to both these factors.
- Go in for small alterations in your everyday diet and lifestyle, but do this comfortably.
- This is because these could make you improvise remarkably on your natural well being!
What Are Factors Of Lifestyle?
Ayurveda counsels Balance for Natural well being which can be essentially regarded as one of the basic factors of lifestyle.
- Ayurveda believes that the human body is the sum total of doshas or the body humors, dhatus or the body tissues and malas or the body wastes.
- This is evident by the Ayurveda adage – Dosha dhatu mala moolam hi shareeram.
- And a natural balance of doshas, dhatus and malas is regarded essential for the normal working both of the body as well as mind.
Three Pillars Of Natural Well-Being
According to Ayurveda science, three pillars support the ‘building’ of our health and well-being. These are –
- Balanced Diet
- Everyday Exercise
- Proper Rest and Relaxation.
1. Balanced Diet Specifications
Ayurveda strongly relates your everyday diet to your mind and body. This means when you take diet in its purest form, this further purifies ‘Satva’ property of the mind and in turn creates a positivism and freshness on the mind.
- Your daily diet intake should be nourishing and balanced.
- It should contain all the important components i.e. carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Also, it is equally important to drink eight to ten glasses of water everyday.
- The daily food intake should preferably be freshly cooked, appealing to taste and easily digestible.
- At the same time, intake of spicy, fried foods, cold drinks, caffeine rich foods and drinks, alcohol etc should be minimized.
- Try and includes all the six tastes in your daily diet so as to enjoy the fruit of health. These are sweet, salty, sour, pungent, bitter and astringent.
2. Everyday Exercise
Take care to include exercises in your daily routine. This helps to keep more active, and flexible. It also keeps you away from diseases like obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, joint pains etc.
- A brisk walk early in the morning is a good form of exercise.
- These exercises should be according to your own strength and tolerance power.
- Also, the everyday exercises are helpful to relieve stress and strain.
- And as and when you incorporate them in your lifestyle, notice that these also are a good aid to increase the body’s resistance against disease.
3. Proper Rest And Relaxation
- Sound sleep for seven to eight hours is the best form of rest.
- This helps the body and mind to relax completely.
- Not only this, when you are taking proper rest also helps you regain the daily loss of energy.
Ayurveda Lifestyle Management Tips
The Ayurveda lifestyle management guide inculcates the small and yet significant steps towards everyday living. You need to consider following tips makes way for a natural and healthy lifestyle guidance.
- Waking up in ‘Brahma muhurata’ which is the early morning time between 4 to 6 am.
- After this, relieving the bowels is necessary.
- Cleaning of the face and mouth along with taking care of your teeth and tongue.
- And daily eye wash and eye care needs to be practiced.
- This also includes other procedures like Gandoosha or holding oil in the mouth (Oil pulling) and nasal cleansing.
- Also, simple process of Prasadhana or application of perfumed pastes as well as scrubbing of the body, is recommended.
- After this following optimum exercise routine and daily bathing is a definite feature of Ayurveda lifestyle guidance.
- Not only this, a positive mental attitude is also considered obligatory for implementing lifestyle changes for natural well being.