Blog by:Akshita Piplani
Some people find that caffeine becomes something they need, rather than something they enjoy.If you feel like you depend on caffeine a little too much, you may have a caffeine addiction.But does caffeine “addiction” even exist?Is your dependence on caffeine doing you any real harm?
Today, caffeine is America’s most popular drug — touted as an energy-boosting, focus-enhancing wonder supplement without any downside.
But is this really the case? Setting aside all the hype created from millions of dollars spent by the marketers of coffee and energy drinks, what’s the truth about caffeine? And is it possible that quitting it just might help you become a better man?
But before you grab that next cup, consider these seven reasons it might be worth calling it quits:
1) Caffeine stimulates the flow of stress hormones, which can cause increased levels of anxiety, irritability, insomnia and muscular tension.
2) Caffeine can cause depression and attention disorders that make it difficult to focus.
3) Too much caffeine can cause insomnia and fatigue, making you tired throughout the day–and less effective.
4) Caffeine dehydrates the body. The acidity of coffee can cause digestive discomfort, heartburn and indigestion.
5) Caffeine can cause insulin sensitivity, making it more difficult for your body to regulate blood sugar.
6) Caffeine triggers the release of adrenaline, the source of the “fight or flight” response. This is great when a bear is chasing you, but not so great when you’re responding to email.
7) Coffee addiction is expensive too !
Hope this article helps you in quitting caffeine.Think cleverly and act wisely before you take the next cup of coffee.