Article by Dr. Sonica Krishan
A lot of emphasis has been made in Ayurveda science on following the right lifestyle so as to stay clear of a number of ailments. But what is the need?
- This seems true when we look around and see people suffering from maladies like high blood pressure, allergic disorders, diabetes, mental anxiety, hormonal imbalance, obesity, and more.
- Unknowingly, we seem to limit ourselves into becoming habitual of so many unreasonable medications. Today, it seems all the more relevant to understand and follow the precise natural lifestyle.
- Going back to and connecting with nature is so needed.
- And also living naturally is definitely the need of the times.
Ancient Ayurveda For Modern Lifestyle
Ayurveda is the ancient insight of living life naturally. Following the simple step-by-step guide of the Ayurveda daily lifestyle is easy and a sure way to gain and maintain natural wellness.
Follow Ayurveda Lifestyle Steps
There are some simple to follow steps for living your life with Ayurveda lifestyle which can be easily practiced and accepted for your overall health and wellness:
Waking Up Early
The right time when you need to be out of your bed is early morning between 4 to 6 am.
Relieving The Bowels
Relieving the bowels has to be followed and this needs to be practiced with silence and patience. Hurried attitude that makes you to force expulsion of body wastes is considered to be harmful in the long run.
Cleaning Of Face And Mouth
Thorough cleansing of the mouth and face with fresh water enables freshness and combats inactivity and the previous night’s siesta.
Ancient Ayurveda text counsels natural tree woody sticks, or datun, for teeth and gum care. These natural herbs take care of oral health by providing wormicidal, blood-purifying, and healing benefits.
You need to fill your mouth with fresh water and cleanse your protruding eyes with cool and fresh water (video). Ayurveda asserts this practice to be highly beneficial for restoring your natural vision.
Ayurveda advises mild oiling of the nasal passage that protects from ear, nose, and throat diseases, and also from various allergies.
Mouthwash And Gargles
It is recommended to mouthwash first with oil, and thereafter with warm water.
This keeps you away from maladies like dryness of the lips and oral cavity, sore throat, and dental ailments.
After this, you need to perform some gargles with an astringent herb decoction.
Application Of Perfumed Pastes
Ayurveda advocates maintaining hygiene by using natural perfumed pastes from scented herbs like Chandan or sandalwood. This practice is believed to help enhance your natural glow and charisma.
- A massage that is performed using Vata suppressing oils is advised.
- Go in for mustard oil or sesame seed oil for this.
- This is going to be a wonderful natural health-giving asset for you.
- Moreover this would keep you away from a number of physical and mental ailments.
- Ayurveda conveys some basic rules for exercise that need to be incorporated into daily lifestyles.
- The arduous exercise has been advocated mainly during winters and the spring season.
- Also indulging in strenuous exercise during summers, the rainy season, and autumn has been rather discouraged.
Scrubbing Of The Body
- Thorough scrubbing of the body with coarse powder made from pungent and astringent herbs helps.
- This would make your skin soft and supple.
- Moreover this practice nourishes bodily muscles and tissues.
Ayurveda everyday lifestyle guides you to inculcate the habit of a bath every single day. While bathing, you may use warm water for below the waistline, but never wash your head with warm or hot water, as this could be rather appalling for your eyes and hair.
- Ayurveda strongly relates the diet to your mind and body.
- This means when diet is taken in its purest form.
- This further purifies the Satva property of the Mind.
- And in turn creates positivism and clarity of the mind.
- Having your daily meal should be accomplished with endurance, delight, and gratitude.
- Therefore; the nourishing, warm, and compatible diet plans need to be followed.