Blog by : Anushka Jain
BFY Pre & Post Natal Instructor:
Pregnancy is one of the most special time periods in a woman’s life. They are expecting a healthy and happy baby to be born to them. Therefore, nurturing their own body comes as a duty. But several women are not aware of how necessary staying active and fit is during this time. Recognizing this need and doing something about it will benefit them and their baby.
BFY has come up with a two-day workshop to teach pregnant women to create safe and effective exercise programs for the three trimesters of pregnancy as well as for the post natal period.
You will learn all of this through:
- Case discussions
The content we will be covering:
- The changing physiology and biomechanics of pregnancy i.e. how pregnancy affects the body.
- The physiology and progression of exercise i.e. how exercise affects the body.
- Exercise in pregnancy, its effects, benefits and possible dangers to mother and baby.
- Safety concerns to be noted.
- Signs and symptoms to watch out for before, during and after exercise in pregnancy.
- Training the abdominals and pelvic floor.
- Technique and modification of exercise to suit the pregnancy (cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular conditioning, flexibility).
- Programming for the pregnant woman (may include aqua/pool training if venue is suitable).
- Alleviating common discomforts of pregnancy through exercise.
- Postpartum changes in the body.
- Exercise modification and progression in the postpartum period.
- Adapting to group class, personal training, small group training.
- Establishing a referral network with other health providers.
- Nutrition tips for during and after pregnancy.
- Added discussion: exercise during menstruation, menopause and exercise.
- Reviewing the contents
- Assessment and quizzes
Benefits from attending the full workshop:
- Maintained health of mother and baby.
- Active and fit body after natal.
- Less pregnancy discomforts.
- Lifetime valid certificate on attending the full workshop.