BAMS, MBA (Health and Hospital) , UGC – NET
For natural health and prevention of joint pain, Ayurveda emphasizes bone and joint care as vital to restore flexibility and mobility of the joints. Maintaining the normal level of calcium and vitamin D in the body and an ideal body weight supports bone and joint health, in combination with the use of Fit Body Joint care.
The adult human body has 206 bones that form the skeleton to support internal organs. Bones articulate with one another to form joints that permit different types and degrees of movements. Some joints are freely movable, whereas others allow very little movement.
Providing support and mobility is not the only function of these bones. Bones give shape to the body, have a role in the production of blood cells and also store many minerals salts. It is essential to keep bones and joints healthy as bones have a tendency to become osteoporotic as we age, a condition more likely to develop in women. Osteoporotic bones are weak and break easily. Increased wear and tear of bones can make one prone to arthritis. As per Ayurveda, herbs such as Shallaki, methika, Haldi, Adrak, Nirgundi leaf, which are present in Fit Body Joint Care, can also enhance recovery for natural joint care.
Along with the precise advice of your health care provider, please note my recommendations on five natural ways that help to keep bones and joints healthy, along with preventing arthritis and other degenerative conditions.
1) Sufficient calcium intake – Calcium is important for natural bone and teeth development. Calcium also aids many other critical functions in the body. If the concentration of calcium in the blood falls, bones lose some calcium to restore the normal value of blood calcium. However, the bones can weaken considerably if sufficient calcium is not provided to the body through the natural diet. The diet should include foods that are good sources of calcium. Beans, chickpeas, tofu, green leafy vegetables, low-fat dairy products such as cheese, yogurt, and milk are rich natural sources of calcium.
2) Vitamin D supplementation – Vitamin D is required for proper absorption of calcium in the body. Vitamin D is equally important to keep the bones healthy. Vitamin D deficiency causes rickets in children and osteoporosis and osteomalacia in adults. Getting exposed to morning sunlight for at least 15 minutes provides sufficient vitamin D supplementation. Other natural food sources are egg yolk, cheese, cereals, and mushrooms.
3) Omega-3 fatty acids – These have anti-inflammatory properties and help to prevent bone loss in elderly people. Vegetarian sources of Omega-3 fatty acids include walnuts, chia seeds, and flax seeds. A review study by Ariza- Ariza R and others concluded that Omega-3 is associated with improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis in some outcome measures.
4) Shed the extra weight – Joints of the body bear its weight, especially lower limb joints such as knee and hip joints. Obesity or being overweight can put considerable stress on the weight-bearing joints, increasing their wear and tear and making them susceptible to arthritis and other joint-pain conditions. A study by Hartz AJ and others found that obesity was associated with Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee joints. The association was found to be strongest for women. Therefore, shed that extra weight to keep joints and bones healthy forever and reduce your chances of getting degenerative joint pain and arthritis.
5) Natural remedies – Some natural herbal supplements also provide support to keep bones and joints healthy. Some herbs are used to soothe joint pain and inflammationdue to osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other joint disorders. Procuring these herbs from a reliable natural source, preparation, right combination in the right amount is most important to maintain the potency of the herbs. I trust Fit Body Joint Care supplement from BestSourceNutrition to support bone and joint health. Fit Body Joint Care supplement can assist in joint care with benefits from the following Ayurvedic herbs:
- Bala – In Ayurveda, Bala has been categorized in the herb group that provides nourishment to the body, improves strength (Balvardhak) (Charak Sutrasthan ch.4). Oil prepared with Bala and other herbs is used to treat Vaat Vyadhis (Charak chikitsasthan ch.28/156) (a group of Neurological, neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and degenerative disorders). Bala Taila is also used in joint pain due to arthritis.
- Adrak/ Shringver – In Ayurveda, this herb is mentioned in the category of herbs that show analgesic effect (pain reduction) (Charak Sutrasthan ch.4). It is a potent herb that relieves joint pain and improves digestion.
- Rasna – In Ayurveda, Rasna ranks under the herb group that rejuvenates. (Charak Sutrasthan, ch. 4). Rasna is used to treat Vaat Vyadhis. It is also used in oil preparations and fomentation.
- Nirgundi – Ayurveda states that this is useful in worm infestation and has antidote properties. (Charak Sutrasthan, ch. 4). Oil preparation of Nirgundi has healing properties and soothes pain (Charak Chikitsasthan ch.28/134-135).
- Haldi – Its anti-inflammatory properties are widely acknowledged. In Ayurveda, it also mentioned in the category of herbs that help in losing fat (Charak Sutrasthan ch.4). Therefore, it can aid weight reduction.
- Methika – As per Ayurveda, it is vata-naashak and its paste soothes pain and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also aids digestion. It can also be used in weakness and its related body pain.
- Shallaki – Gum resin from the plant is used as a natural medicine. Its anti-inflammatory properties have found extensive use in Ayurveda. It is used to relieve joint pain due to arthritis.
Fit Body Joint Care has only the potential Extracts of these seven natural herbs, which are carefully chosen and well-researched. Natural herbs used in Fit Body Joint Care makes it ideal to use for the reduction of joint pain, stiffness, inflammation, and arthritis. For easy consumption, the Fit Body Joint Care formulation is available in vegetarian capsules form as well.
In order to keep bones and joints healthy in the old age, one should start taking preventive measures at a young age. It is important to take care of bone and joint health to avoid joint pain, degeneration, arthritis and to ensure as well as restore normal mobility.