KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WOULD LIKE TO ENLIGHTEN OTHERS?
BUT NO QUALIFICATION! HAVE A LOOK HERE!
- The primary purpose of the course is to introduce the student to latest research in the field of weight management and applied areas within the field.
- Develop a broad understanding of the field with respect to weight management
- Understand the basic nutrition and its impact on weight management.
- Understand the concept of obesity and its related complications.
- Understand the nutritional requirements of children and adults.
- Understand the effect of eating disorders on physical and psychological health.
- To gain knowledge about various commercial nutritional supplements and medicines for weight management.
- To plan diets in relation to weight management.
Register yourself for the Fitness Trainer course. Study materials will be given only after clearance of payment/cheque /draft.
KNOW WHAT TO STUDY – SYLLABUS
- Basic nutrition
- Component of body weight
- Regulation of body weight
- Weight imbalance: obesity
- Weight imbalance: excessive leanness
- Nutrition in eating disorders
- Must be 18 years of age or above
- Degree in M.B.B.S, B.D.S, B.H.M.S, B.A.M.S, B.U.M.S, Dietitians, Physiotherapists, Fitness trainers and Health professionals
- 95 % Attendance is compulsory. (114 days out of 120 days). Any student who fails to abide by this rule will be held up for giving final exams.
- Minimum percentage required to clear internal exams is 40%.
- The Personal Project must be submitted by the due date for credit. No late submission will be accepted.
- It is expected that you attend all the class meetings, read lecture notes, and keep up with the reading assignments as well as written assignments.
- Refer to the syllabus throughout the semester.
- Internal exams (3)
- Individual assignments (2)
- Group project (1)
- Class assignments
WEIGHTAGE OF EACH SECTION OF THE EXAMINATION
Internal exams – 15% of total marks
Individual assignments – 10% of total marks
Group project – 5% of total marks
Class assignments – 5 % of total marks
Practical – 15% of total marks
Final exam – 50% of total marks
EXAMINATION PATTERN AND PASSING MARKS
- Examination will be conducted within 1 year.
- Examination will be conducted at the end of the course. It is a Multiple-choice question (MCQ) accounting for 100 marks.
- Passing marks is 50%, that is, 50 marks Out of 50.
75% and above – A
60-74.9% – B
50-59.9% – C
Less than 50% – F (FAIL)
Students clearing the exam will be awarded a lifelong valid certificate as
(CERTIFIED SPECIALIST FOR SPORTS TRAINER)
Have a look at how your reward for the completion of the course looks like
- Consulting Dietician (R.D.)
- Professional Lecturers in the field of Clinical Nutrition.