When food is processed in food industry it is processed under extreme under high temperatures and because of which food loses its natural colour and it becomes unacceptable by consumer and consumer will not buy it so they make the use artificial colours in food so as to make it acceptable for consumer and hence create health problems in our body over a long period of time if consumed regularly. But here the problem is that we consumers ourselves are responsible for this action taken by food manufacturers for adding colours to the food, because we people consider food which shines from outside is considered to be healthy
Artifical colours are those which are prepared using chemicals coal tars in laboratory and are regulated by govt. For there use in food products. And they are termed as dyes,below are the some dyes.
- Red No. 3 (Erythrosine):A cherry-red coloring commonly used in candy, popsicles and cake-decorating gels.
- Red No. 40 (Allura Red):A dark red dye that is used in sports drinks, candy, condiments and
- Yellow No. 5 (Tartrazine):A lemon-yellow dye that is found in candy, soft drinks, chips, popcorn and cereals.
- Yellow No. 6 (Sunset Yellow):An orange-yellow dye that is used in candy, sauces, baked goods and preserved fruits.
- Blue No. 1 (Brilliant Blue):A greenish-blue dye used in ice cream, canned peas, packaged soups, popsicles and icings.
- Blue No. 2 (Indigo Carmine):A royal blue dye found in candy, ice cream, cereal and snacks.
- Can cause cancer
- Allergic reactions in bodies
- Hyperactivity in children
- Increase estrogen
- Stomach aches