Blog by : Savita Sengar
Acidity is a term used for a set of symptoms caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach normally secretes hydrochloric acid which is required for the breakdown and digestion of food we eat
Acidity is one of the most common problems that most individuals face. This is largely due to wrong eating habits and sometimes even stress.,smoking.
- Suffering from Hiatus hernia
- Consuming large meals and lying down immediately after a meal.
- Long gap between meal
- Consuming oily ,spicy non vegetarian food
- Being overweight or obese.
- Midnight snacking
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, carbonated drinks , coffee or tea.
- Medications like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Taking aspirin, ibuprofen , certain muscle relaxers, or blood pressure medications
“Prevention is better than cure”
1. Don’t consume spicy food or fried foods too often.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
3. Have light dinner
4. Consume your last meal at least a few hours before sleeping.
5. Eat small, regular meals.
6. Avoid medications like NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and steroids
7. Reduce stress
8. Deep breathing,
1.Eat jaggery after every meal.
2. Boil some fennel seeds in a cup full of water. Keep it covered overnight and filter the solution in the morning. Mix and teaspoon of honey in it and take a little of this concoction after every meal.
3. Lemon and ginger juice 15 minutes post meal, zaps acidity quickly.
4. In a glass of warm water take a pinch of pepper powder, and juice one lemon every morning
5. Bananas: Are high in potassium which is an alkalizing mineral that has a high pH value. The higher the pH value, the lower the acidity.
6. Tulsi: 4-5 leaves Has compounds that make it an effective digestive agent. It stimulates the stomach to produce more mucous and has potent anti-ulcer properties.
7. Cold milk with 1 tsp of ghee.
8. Amla: Is a kapha and pitta pacifier apart from having high amounts of vitamin C that helps in healing the injured stomach lining and oesophagus. Have one teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity way.