Registered Dietician ,P.G.Dip Clinical Nutrition
Environmental toxins bombard our bodies and overload our liver. A daily detox tea,along with a healthy diet, can help to cleanse these toxins and improve health.
A review article published in J. Human Nutrition & Dietetics 2014 by Klein et al states that about 92% of naturopathic doctors in the US are reported to use detox-based therapies.
Detox simply means to cleanse or remove body toxins. “Toxins” are substances that harm our body cells. Toxins enter our body in many ways –as pollutants, chemicals, pesticides, from junk or high calorie foods we eat. Moreover, our body generates toxins as part of its natural metabolism.Our body can generally cleanse its toxins as part of its natural detox through the liver & kidney.
However, we still need to detox, as I shall explain.
As a dietitian, I recommend a daily detox to rid the body of antioxidants that can support our body’s natural detox mechanisms and help cleanse the body of toxins that build up.I recommend using Fit Body™ Detox tea by BestSource Nutrition, which contains the best combination of antioxidants to help cleanse the body.
Let us understand the top five facts about this entire cleanse process and why a daily detox is recommended–
- Fact#1– Our body, particularly the liver, needs antioxidants to support the natural detoxification of toxins. The detox processes occur in our body in the liver. Due to the shift in our lifestyles, we are exposed to more toxins,which make our liver work harder. Over time, these toxins build up in our liver & compromise its functioning or result in toxicity. A daily detoxthat contains antioxidants supports the liver to function better and help to cleanse toxins.Fit Body™ Detox tea contains the perfect blend of antioxidants from four exotic teas (rooibos, oolong, matcha& green tea). Rooibos tea, among these, has the highest concentration of the antioxidant, asphalthin. A study by Ajuwon et al in Evid.Based Complement.Alternat. Med. 2013demonstrated the ability of rooibos tea to improve the liver’s natural detoxification capacity by improving the function of antioxidant enzymes in the liver.
- Fact#2– Detox helps us to feel energetic & reduces bloating, sluggishness, especially after the holiday season. The bloated feeling after a holiday season is majorly due to the high calorie diet consisting of fat & sugar, low activity levels&,sometimes, low intake of liquids. The high content of sugar &fats release toxins,generating toxicity in our body and stores up in the fat cells –reducing the metabolism and resulting in the “holiday weight gain”.In addition, low activity levels & water intake slow down our body systems, particularly our digestion,resulting in bloating. Just getting back to our normal routine does not help reduce the extra piled up kilos or beat the bloating &sluggish feeling. I recommend a refreshing cup of Fit Body™ Detox tea along with a healthy low calorie diet& exercise to counter the bloat. Fit Body™ Detox tea contains a unique combination of five herbal extracts(garcinia cambogia, Liquorice, fennel, cinnamon &ginger) along with its four teas. Garcinia cambogia improves fat oxidation (burning of fat calories) & reduces fat formation (Semwal et al, Fitoterapia 2015), also helping in weight loss. Fennel seeds help improve digestion as well as reduce flatulence & bloating (Alzahrani et al, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2017). Matcha tea helps to boost the mood and alertness (Dietz et al, Food research International, 2017).
- Fact#3 -Detox helps to improve our digestion & absorption of nutrients by cleansing toxins from the body. Our digestive system has natural detox mechanisms that help to protect it from invasion of environmental chemicals & toxins. These detox mechanisms protect our gut immunity, thereby helping the gut to carry out its normal functions of digestion & nutrient absorption. A daily detox with antioxidants helps improve the natural detoxification process in our gut, thereby resulting in improved digestion and absorption of nutrients. Makoto Shimizu,in his article in the Journal of Tradit. Complement. Med., 2012,states that certain functional foods – specifically antioxidants (flavonoids) – help to improve regulation of these detox mechanisms.Therefore,I recommend a daily cup of Fit Body™ Detox tea, which is loaded with antioxidants to help improve the gut health.
- Fact#4– Detox not only helps in weight loss but it also improves the functioning of our body systems (liver) to maintain overall health. The liver helps to cleanse the body of toxins that enter our body through the environment. The toxins or free radicals are detoxified by the liver’s antioxidant mechanisms to maintain the body’s normal homeostasis. As the levels of these free radicals increase in our body, the normal body homeostasis is disrupted, leading to oxidative stress in our body. Oxidative stress wherein the free radical levels in our body rise can leads to many health concerns. A review article by Muriel et al in World J. Gastro in test Pharmacol Ther, 2015,describes the need of antioxidants such as the ones in green tea that help to reduce the body’s overall oxidative stress & prevent health issues.
- Fact#5 -Detox helps to cleanse our gut of the accumulated foods & toxins, thereby improving gut health. Due to change in our lifestyle & eating choices we tend to opt for more processed or junk foods in our diet, which are low on fiber & antioxidants. This diet, over time, affects our gut health & its capacity to remove undigested foods from our body, which accumulates& releases toxins. As a dietitian, I recommend a healthy high fiber diet & a daily detox witha cup of Fit Body™ Detox teato help cleanse the gut of the undigested foods & toxins. Fennel seeds & ginger, in Fit Body™ Detox tea, respectively, help to improve digestion, control flatulence& reduce stomach inflammation due to toxins.
Therefore, start your mornings with a daily natural detox tea that is loaded with antioxidants, Fit Body™ Detox tea by BestSource Nutrition, which can help you stay healthy & fit!