Blog by: Suryakant Tripathi.
Yoga can cure almost any disease under the sky. In fact it would be fair to say that you can stay free from all diseases if you practice yoga asanas regularly. And if you have developed a particular disease, the natural cure for that ailment might be there in yoga. After all, yoga is the collective wisdom of ages and encompasses a system of cure without modern medicines. Yoga can cure many chronic diseases like asthma and arthritis if it is practiced regularly. Yoga cannot cure diabetes but it is effective in controlling the blood sugar to a normal level. There are various yoga asanas that are natural cures for lower back pain and indigestion. The splitting headaches that are symptoms of migraine can be easily cured through yoga. So yoga can cure a number of severe health problems. If you don’t like popping pills for everything, then try the alternative natural cure. Here are some serious illnesses that can be cured by yoga.
- Asthma: The only sustainable cure for asthma lies in yoga. Inhalers can save your life when you get an asthma attack but for a long-term cure you have to practice pranayam and anulom-vulom.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is one of the major incurable diseases in the world. You cannot really cure insulin resistance but some yoga asanas like the triangle pose can help to control your blood sugar levels.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure can be caused due to a number of reasons. It is a disease that can be cured only by regular practice of meditative yoga asanas like the pranayam.
- Indigestion: Indigestion is not just a disease but an epidemic among working people these days. However, you can cure indigestion with medicines by trying the child pose or wind relieving pose.
- Migraine: Migraine headaches are often caused because there is not enough blood supply to the brain. Try the yoga poses like sirsasana or complete headstand to cure migraine headaches instead of popping pain killers.
- Lower Back: Pain Lower back pain has become a chronic disease among working professionals and people even undergo surgery for it. Try yoga poses like tadasana or the tree pose.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disease that causes severe joint pain and unfortunately incurable. But yoga can help control the amount of pain caused due to arthritis. Try the surya namaskar as a versatile way to cure arthritis pain.
- Liver Problems: Liver problems can range from minor ingestion to the severe fatty liver syndrome. To keep your liver healthy, try some very basic yoga poses that increase the blood circulation in the abdomen. The bridge pose and cat pose are good examples.
- Depression: Yoga is one of the most potent cures for depression. If you don’t want to be dependent on anti-depressants and sleeping pills, try yoga asanas like uttanasana.
- Poly Cystic Ovaries: PCOS is one of the epidemics that is attacking young women these days. The symptoms are irregular periods and it can even lead to infertility. So try yoga poses like the corpse pose to cure ovarian cysts without medication or surgery.
Want to become a writer at BFY?
send us your resume with a demo article/blog on sports or fitness at